Me : Ye encik, sila duduk.
En. Patient : Duk sini? (while pointing at a stool next to a desk in front of me)
Me : Eh eh bukan bukan, duk sini. (while pointing with welcoming gesture to a dental chair next to me)
En. Patient : Eh tapi saya bukan nak cabut gigi doktor. Saya takmo cabut!
Me : Hmm..OK, boley, tapi encik duk kusi ni la senang saya nak check. (with a half-smile)
* I get that a lot - Patients who come in with zero intention of having tooth extraction thought that THAT dental chair next to me is only and only for those who request dental extractions! ..funneh hah?.. So they, who requests dental restorations et cetera need not seat on THAT chair! LOL
En. Patient : (seated on the dental chair next to me) Gini doktor, saya ada masalah problem..
* Masalah problem??!! This is why i love my job! haha.. I get to meet all sorts of people, and by all sorts, i mean all sorts! This particular patient was thoughtful to translate masalah in english for me, just in case i dont get him :)
Me : Ooo masalah mende tu encik?
En. Patient : Masalah ni, gigi saya ni, memang masalah problem la doktor, saya dokleh tido!
* Now i think that when this patient mention masalah, it means minor problem and if he says masalah problem, it should mean major trouble!! LOL
I went to my ol' secondary school for their career day. My boss agreed to participate after receiving their official letter of invitation. The letter mentioned any dental officer can be a representative for my field and my boss chose me, so there i was!
Cikgu X : Eh, Ilyani ke?! (muka mmg surprised gile!!) Mende doh diorang panggil awak, saya lupe lah..
Me : Assalamualaikum cikgu. Ooo diorang panggil Yaya... hehe (senyum kambing - whatever that means)
Cikgu X : Wa'alaikummussalam. Awak dok beruboh pun, saya bole cam lagi awak! Kawin dok lagi?
* It is truly a challenge for me to answer this question now since i am not anymore..hahaha.. I can straight away tell the exact thing, its not a big deal, but knowing this cikgu X, she wont let me go that easy! hahaha
Me : Oh, saya ada anak doh sorang cikgu..hehe (senyum kambing again!)
Cikgu X : Hoh doh molek la.. (while patting on my back)..Cikgu dok sangka starang awak jadi doktor! Doh tadok dlm kelas sokmo, ye dok?! kah kah kah (she actually did laugh her tongue out!)
*Hmm what was that suppose to mean?! Well, i totally agree lah, theres lotsa my friends from secondary school that are in the same boat with cikgu X pun! What can i say, i was kinda a ...kinda a what eh?? Hmmm... kinda a ...still can get the right word lah! hahahah
Me : Shit!!
Quick shower, put on my clothes, put on my hijab, grabbed my cellphone, handbag and keys and rushed to the car! To the clinic in a jiffy!! LOL
Me : Assalamualaikum, selamat pagi! (senyum semewet and bangga for reaching on time!)
Nan (My Dental Surgeon Assistant) : Doktor! Doktor sedar dok?
Me : Haaa? (muka kurang senang!) Bakpe Nan?
Nan : Doktor paka selipar sape tuuu? Selipar ayah doktor saboh!
Me : Haaa??!!!!
* I was wearing my dad's capal!!!!