April 29, 2009

letter to a son

Dear Khalish,

I want you to know that you mean the world to me.

I want you to know that nothing is your fault. You have done nothing wrong. Things are as they are only because it werent meant to be. You are the one who gave me strength to stand up, voice to speak up and confidence to keep my hopes and dreams high. I am here because of you and i want you to know that. I want to achieve so many more for you. I want you to be proud of me, because i am so proud of you!

You are the greatest thing that've happened to me. You always make my day, and you always know your ways. I want you to know that i am your biggest fan. I promise to be there for you through your ups and downs just like you've been with me through my ups and downs. We are an amazing team together and i want you to know nothing can change that. We will walk together, you and i.

I want you to know that i named you Khalish simply because i want yo to be an honest man. Be loyal to those around you and be sincere to yourself; for a man is not a man until he doesnt cheat on himself. Everytime i say your name, in my little heart, i pray to Allah swt for you to become that one honest man. InsyaAllah.

I need you to know that i am not perfect and i am sorry. But honey, please know that i am trying my very best. I will always try to be the best parent you could ask for. I will try my best to be your guidance and your bestfriend. I will try my best to educate you, warn you, tell you and understand you. I promise.

Because if it wasnt for you, i am not here today, not like this. Thank you Khalish.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

heart ur words..,doc!

mamazara&najwa said...

a wonderfully done and toching...

kkdilla said...

wah. reading this during emosional time like this, I swear my heart stop, and my tears drop!! huhuhuhuhu...

nice writing yaya... sob..sob..sob...

Nana said...

May Allah bless the both of you. Always remember ..there's always a blessing behind every misery. There's always a lesson behind every trauma.

Hope that you would find your lesson and blessing and be a better person Dunia and Akhirat! AMIN!

P.S. You are the best mom for your son. If not Allah would have never given him to you :D

Anonymous said...

"Be loyal to those around you and be sincere to yourself; for a man is not a man until he doesnt cheat on himself".. and other ppl esp women..Lelaki yg menipu perempuan cam ner plak tu?U better ask your 'smart n nice' guy..

Mata Hati said...

Loving..

hai..salam perkenalan di blog

JunoGuy said...

khalish rocks!

bUL4N said...

Aww...that's so sweet.....nearly put me into tears kak long!!
bile khalish panda bace kekgi die bace blog k long dok mo'o...

ps:I miss u both!

yaya othman said...

Thank you all

angoh : hopes khalish will baca someday ;)

Anonymous said...

kak yaya..it sooo loving..!
btw...how many cuzin do khalish has right now?..thought khalish will grow up with them..,

Anonymous said...

to 'smart n nice guy' - ((smart ke?poyo je..))U should teach that boy not to cheat on women..N to be loyal..sincere to everyone and himself..

Anonymous said...

to smart n nice guy.. i hope u really ARE smart n nice hehehehhe.. and pls make my yaya happy for as long as u both shall live, til death do u part.. hahahah mcm holy matrimony je.. ahem ahem..
" dearly beloved, we are now gathered here today to witness the joining of this man and this woman..bla bla.. yada yada.."
oh i watch too many chick flicks..

tika said...

aku nangis yaya....